- Position Title: Program Assistant (BILINGUAL French/English)
- Location: Halifax, NS
- Type: Full-time (35 hours/week)
- Salary: $41,580/annually, plus a comprehensive benefits package
The Atlantic Region Association of Immigrant Serving Agencies (ARAISA) is a non-profit umbrella association which serves as a collective voice and forum for its members who are committed to the settlement and integration of immigrants and refugees in the Atlantic Region. ARAISA works to increase the effectiveness of its members through its initiatives to support the sector and its contributions to regional and national forums.
ARAISA provides professional development and networking opportunities, facilitates information and resource exchange, hosts sector-specific working groups, convenes meetings with key stakeholders, and represents its members through national bodies, with the goal of having a positive impact on settlement and integration policies and practices.
The Program Assistant will assist the ARAISA team in all areas of program delivery and regional sector engagement, including initiatives for strengthening settlement supports related to the Atlantic Immigration Program
- Providing support to events such as consultations, conferences, training sessions, workshops, webinars, and meetings, which may include creating and reviewing supporting materials, sending invitations, monitoring registration, liaising with interpreters, handling logistics, drafting minutes, reconciling expenses, and following up on actions as needed
- Supporting the population of a CRM database and maintaining up-to-date details on contacts
- Providing technology support during online and in-person ARAISA events
- Assisting with activities related to ARAISA’s communications strategy, including providing support in curating content for newsletters and social media, and preparation of reports
- Performing minor website updates and compiling website statistics
- Issuing professional development course certificates
- Contributing to the development and distribution of forms and surveys
- Assisting in data and information collection required for tracking, performance measurement, and reporting purposes
- Translating short texts, liaising with translators, and reviewing materials in French
The Program Assistant is also responsible for:
- Supporting general ARAISA operations
- Assisting with responding to general telephone and email inquiries
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- University degree or College diploma/certificate
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Detailed-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience working with CRMs, Zoom, and the Microsoft Office suite, including Teams and SharePoint
- Knowledge of WordPress, Canva and Adobe Suite is a strong asset
- Ease in navigating information technology and digital environments, and an ability to trouble-shoot and provide support to others
- Experience in taking meeting minutes
- Demonstrated knowledge of various social media platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to consult, collaborate and work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English required
- Familiarity and/or experience with the settlement and integration sector in Atlantic Canada is an asset
- Due to COVID, ARAISA staff are currently working remotely, although it is expected that a hybrid approach will be adopted in the coming months to include some work at the ARAISA office.
- Travel within the Atlantic Region may be occasionally required, contingent on any travel restrictions.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resumé, in English or French, merged into one (1) document to Carolyn Whiteway at email@example.com, stating “Program Assistant” in the subject line. Please ensure that you demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the above qualifications.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates selected for an interview will be required to submit the names and contact information of three references. Further qualifications may be assessed during the competition process.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Monday, August 16, 2021, at NOON (ADT), or until a suitable candidate is found.
As an equity seeking organization, ARAISA encourages applications from individuals that represent the full diversity of communities in Canada, including complexities of intersecting identities such as ability, age, class, gender, race and sexual orientation.