Updated on July 30, 2021
Are you finding yourself trying to figure out how to work from home effectively, how to manage your team remotely, which technology to use to communicate online with your peers and clients, all of the above? We’ve compiled some helpful resources, all related to working from home.
There are so many resources out there; it can be overwhelming. We selected the information we believe will be the most useful for you.
If you come across a resource that you’d like to share and if you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also invite front-line workers and management staff to join the conversation in the Current Events and Settlement Group on SettleNet.org (the national community of practice). There, you will be able to share resources and best practices with your peers across Canada.
- ARAISA created a handy virtual meetings and webinars checklist
- AMSSA’s Technology Solutions document lists online tools that can be useful when working from home. It includes a short description for each platform, as well as the cost and info on TechSoup Canada discounts, when available.
- ISSofBC’s Virtual-Telephone Settlement Case Management Approach on how they assist vulnerable populations remotely.
- If you are using Microsoft Teams this ProServeIT article comes in handy.
- If you are using Zoom for your online meetings, the Zoom Help Center includes lots of helpful video tutorials.
- A one-pager on Security Tips for Working from Home, ProServeIT
- Télétravail : 4 outils pour sécuriser le travail à distance, codeur mag
- Advice on how to avoid COVID-19 scams online, article on SettleNet.org
- Keeping Your Nonprofit’s Systems Secure During the COVID-19 Pandemic, TechSoup US
- Zoom tips
Dealing with your home environment
- On-demand webinar on How to Work Remotely With Kids… Without Losing Your Mind, Journity
- 10 Ways To Stay Chipper When You’re Working From Home, Forward Action
- COVID-19 : comment rester concentré en télétravail, espresssojobs.com
- COVID-19: 24/7 parenting, WHO, Unicef, etc.
- 10 strategies for online learning during a coronavirus outbreak, ISTE
- Web Design Basics for Educators, Torrey Trust, EdTechBooks.org
- Video on Using BigBlueButton on EduLINC: Teaching Strategies and Tips for LINC Teachers and PDF on Using Big Blue Button for Language
Teaching – Some Ideas, learnIT2teach
- How 4 Educational Institutions Are Transitioning Classes Online During COVID-19, Active Campaign
- Binogi Canada is providing temporary free access to its learning platform for teachers, parents and students. With resources in seven languages, it may be a useful tool to use with your clients. More info
- Talking points can help you communicate with your students in their language: write in English and recipients receive the information in their own language
- Idéllo: an online platform with over 11,000 certified education resources in French
- Screencastify: a screen recorder for Chrome. It makes it easy for you to record, edit and share your screen, you can even make a voiceover
- Veed.io: a free online screen recorder with a wide selection of layouts and a variety of features
- Motionbox: a free online video editing tool to easily create videos, add subtitles and more.
- Teach from home, Google toolkit
- The Art of Working Remotely, AMSSA Webinar
- How to Protect Your Mental Health When Working Remotely, According to a Psychologist, HubSpot
- Tips To Make Online Meetings Less Exhausting, Beth’s Blog
- How to Create a Remote Work Schedule that Works for You, HubSpot
- Télétravail : le guide pour un management d’équipe efficace, codeurmag
- How to work from home during coronavirus (COVID-19), SunLife
- Tips on working remotely amidst COVID-19 pandemic, TechSoup Canada
- Guide to remote working for nonprofits, Wild Apricot’s
- How to Bond with Your Team While Working from Home, Active Campaign
- SettleNet.org: a great post by Marco Campana – Remote work – doing it, managing it, trusting it
- Cinq solutions pour travailler de la Madison, La Presse +
- How employers and employees should manage self-quarantines, Conference Board of Canada
- For employer specifically: Advice for employers dealing with COVID-19, by the Conference Board of Canada
If you’re looking for COVID-19 updates for the settlement and integration sector, click here.