- Position Title: Project Administrator – Migrant Workers Support Program (BILINGUAL French/English)
- Location: Halifax, NS
- Type: 1.0 FTE (35 hours/week)
- Duration: until March 31st, 2024
- Reports to: Project Lead
- Salary: $49,440 annually, plus a comprehensive benefits package
The Project Administrator will support the Project Lead in all project activities with a particular focus on data collection, reporting (both narrative and financial) and event planning.
The Migrant Workers Support Project will focus on ensuring that Temporary Foreign Workers (or migrant workers) know their rights and the services available to them while working in the Maritimes. Project activities will also include activities to better integrate migrant workers into the communities where they live and work in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. This project aims to increase information sharing among partner organizations and support coordinated approaches to better serve migrant workers in the Maritime provinces. Direct services to migrant workers will be provided by community-based organizations following an open call for proposals.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
ARAISA is a non-profit umbrella association which serves as a collective voice and forum for its members who are committed to the settlement and integration of immigrants and refugees in the Atlantic Region. ARAISA works to increase the effectiveness of its members through its initiatives to support the sector and its contributions to regional and national forums.
ARAISA provides professional development and networking opportunities, facilitates information and resource exchange, hosts sector-specific working groups, convenes meetings with key stakeholders, and represents its members through national bodies, with the goal of having a positive impact on settlement and integration policies and practices.
- Assist in the organization of the key stakeholders’ in-person meeting
- Assist in the development of documents related to the Call for Proposals, as well as management and tracking tools for sub-agreement holders
- Assist in the organization of the virtual knowledge-sharing event at the end of the project
Monitoring and Evaluation Tasks
- Review narrative reports submitted by the sub-agreement holders and provide feedback as required
- Ensure data entry in respective government and internal databases
- Review financial reports submitted by sub-agreement holders and provide feedback as needed
- Complete and submit financial reports in a timely manner.
- Providing support to ARAISA’s programs and operations as required
- Representing ARAISA at events or external meetings, when requested
- Other duties or projects as assigned by the Executive Director
- University degree(s) in a relevant field(s)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required; French is an asset
- Experience in program administrative work, including work planning, financial management, and writing reports
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Good communications skills (people skills)
- Familiarity and/or experience with the settlement and integration sector, particularly in the Atlantic Canadian context, an asset
- Computer proficiency, including Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, SharePoint and Zoom
- ARAISA staff are currently working in a hybrid environment, which includes both remote work and work at the ARAISA office.
- Travel within the Atlantic Region may be occasionally required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time permanent position (35 hours/week) starting as soon as possible. For this position, the annual salary is $49,440 and also includes:
- A competitive benefit package and health plan
- RRSP contributions after one year
- Paid time off including 3 weeks of vacation to start, sick leave, and personal leave
- Professional development opportunities
- A flexible and supportive work environment
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resumé, in English or French, merged into one (1) document to email@example.com, stating “Project Administrator” in the subject line. Please ensure that you demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the above qualifications.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates selected for an interview will be required to submit the names and contact information of three references. Further qualifications may be assessed during the competition process.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
November 4, 2022, at 4:00 pm (ADT), or until the position is filled.
As an equity seeking organization, ARAISA encourages applications from individuals that represent the full diversity of communities in Canada, including complexities of intersecting identities such as ability, age, class, gender, race, and sexual orientation.